Tuesday, April 22, 2008

PRSA 2008 International Conference in Detroit

by Adam Denison, PRSA New Pros, Director-at-Large

At the risk of being accused of self-promotion here, I wanted to alert everyone to a post I wrote yesterday for PRSA's new blog, ComPRhension. My post is all about the great city of Detroit and things we have to offer for this year's International Conference.

But this post is not merely an effort to get everyone over to read my post, but rather a chance for me to find out more about your feelings about PRSA International Conferences. How many of you have attended either a PRSA or PRSSA International/National Conference? Are you going this year? If you have attended, when and where? What was most beneficial about attending? If you've never attended, what stops you from doing so?

My first conference was the PRSSA 2006 National Conference in Salt Lake City where I served on the planning committee. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to meet other PR students from around the country as well as get advice from many PR professionals. In fact, I actually got my current job at GM because of my attendance at the Conference! They were there recruiting interns and I was able to secure an interview with them. I wouldn't have had this chance had I not been at Conference.

I also attended portions of last year's PRSA Conference in Philadelphia. This time around I was a "professional" PR practitioner so I had frequent opportunities to network with many people from diverse backgrounds.

I'm a huge advocate for attending PRSA International Conferences, but I wanted to get your take. What do you think?

No comments: